Wednesday, July 22, 2009

First official overnight

On Monday night Brett, Jackson & Peyton had their first official sleepover at Grandma and Granddad's - without me and Tate. I have to admit I felt a mix of sadness and excitement when I pulled out of their driveway alone Monday afternoon. I spent the afternoon helping Kerry and Nancy pack a van to bring to US Cellular Field for a big tailgate fundraiser to raise money for Prostate Cancer Foundation (a college friend of Nancy's lost her father to the illness last year). After work Tate met us there and we watched the Sox narrowly beat the Devil Rays and then had the first uninterupted night sleep in a long time. Brett still doesn't regularly sleep through the night but, of course that wasn't the case at Grandma and Granddads - he slept from 7 p.m. to almost 5:30 a.m.!!!

Grandma reported everyone behaved well and slept well and they were all happy as could be when I went to get them the next day.
So, although my philosophy is typically What Happens At Grandma and Granddads stays at Grandma and Granddads - they were nice enough to share some photos so we could document their first sleepover. Here's a peek at their fun:

Thank you Grandma, Granddad and Auntie Rhonda!!!

1 Comments:

At July 25, 2009 at 1:13 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

What an awesome thing for the boys' grandparents to keep them for the night. I'm sure it was an experience that none of you will ever forget. And for the record, I'm glad the Sox won the night you were there (that's big coming from a Cubs fan). Afterall, your guys look adorable in their Sox gear.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home