Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sharing

So Tate and I are working with the boys on the concept of sharing - with varying degrees of success.

The other day at lunch Peyton insisted on taking his bib off over and over again. As my patience was wearing thin I said OK then "if you don't have a bib on you don't eat." He carried on and kept pointing to the chicken on the table out of reach. After waiting awhile I put his bib back on and gave him some chicken. He took his bib off, I took away the chicken (you get the idea). This happened a few more times until he thought it was just a game. So I said "that's it, no more chicken" and continued to give chicken to Jackson when he asked for more. Peyton carried on crying, whining and pointing to the chicken and I ignored him. Then the darnedest thing happened. Jackson picked up a piece of his chicken and handed it over to Peyton which brought huge smiles to both of their little faces ... and mine. You lose some, you win some. I'll take what I can get!

3 Comments:

At June 27, 2009 at 1:32 PM , Blogger Auntie Rhonda said...

That is so precious. Wish I had seen that since I know they are very protective of the toys they have at the moment.

 
At June 27, 2009 at 10:05 PM , Blogger Sandie-Matthew's Mom said...

That is so cute and so funny.

Sandie

 
At June 29, 2009 at 12:09 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

Awwww....so sweet!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home