Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunshine on a cloudy day

So it's been an interesting weekend. The boys spent the day Saturday at Grandma & Grandpa's so Tate and I could run a few errands and get some work done around the house. We started out by talking over breakfast, which is a rare treat these days. Unfortunately, not long after, Tate developed food poisoning and he was out for the count the rest of the weekend :(

The boys were great Sunday until mid-afternoon when they woke from their nap and Jackson was screaming - a lot and inconsolably - not his usual M.O. I thought maybe he was hungry and offered a snack, changed his diaper, checked to make sure he wasn't hurt etc. It was too much carrying on to be teething so I was figuring an upset stomach when Tate came downstairs and Jackson went and clung to him for a long time and then he was fine - he just needed his daddy - super sweet. Jackson also has a very compassionate heart and I believe he was worried about his daddy.
But after the snack the boys were a little restless and it began to pour rain so a walk was out of the question. So I loaded the boys in the van, we swung by and picked up Auntie Kerry and headed over to our local Meijer store. For those of you who don't have a Meijer it is a superstore with everything from groceries to deck furniture and everything in between. I like to go there because it is big and my triplet stroller doesn't stick out too much and there is room for us without getting in the way. Today I was just thinking - somewhere indoors where we can walk around for a bit but less hassle than the mall.
Bear with me, I'm just going to change gears here a bit. Aunts are fun! We are so blessed that our boys have four amazing and fun aunts that they love! Tate and I were both blessed with lots of wonderful aunts as well so we know how fun they can be.
So, Auntie Kerry nixed the triple stroller idea and said - lets get one of those carts that is a car - the boys LOVE cars. I hesitated for a second because I typically have to run scenarios in my head to see if they are possible with three little guys, but I had extra help - so YES!
I'll let the pictures tell the rest - but let me just say it was a great cap to the weekend and Tate is definitely on the upswing!
Thank you Auntie Kerry for being our sunshine on a cloudy day!
Me & the boys in their "car car." I just realized no pictures of Auntie Kerry :(
Jackson wasn't quite himself today and usually would love this, but wasn't too happy in the car. After a look at it from the outside he got back in and really enjoyed it!
Brett thinking about getting a pet? One of the bonuses of Meijer - it's like a free trip to the aquarium in the pet department!
Peyton making fish faces.
Auntie Kerry made sure Brett did get a chance behind the wheel, but this was the perfect spot for him. He could be propped to sit and see his brothers! I think Peyton was a little jealous.
We "drove" past a large bin of corn and apparently Jackson (left) and Peyton were able to each grab an ear. They didn't seem to mind that it wasn't cooked, or shucked.
There was a BOGO on sub sandwiches. Not quite on Jackson's wheat-free diet, but he thought it looked good!

1 Comments:

At August 17, 2009 at 7:11 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

That's awesome that the boys (YOU) have so many aunts to go on adventures with. I sooo understand how much it means to have someone to call on 'those days'.

I think we will be spending quite a bit of time in Meijer, Wallmart, Target Greatlands, etc. this winter. When you gotta get out of the house, you gotta get out of the house.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home