Saturday, February 23, 2013

It's what I wished for!





We have enjoyed every Christmas with our boys, but this year was exceptionally fun. For the first time they really get it. They know Christmas is about baby Jesus. They also couldn't talk about Santa without getting ants in their pants. They made a list this year and the level of excitement was awesome to witness.

By far my favorite was Christmas morning. We eat breakfast upstairs on trays before we go downstairs to see if Santa arrived. As we were finishing up and getting ready to head downstairs all caught up in the Santa excitement Jackson said: "Since today is Jesus' birthday we should say a special prayer to Jesus."
With tears in my eyes I asked if he wanted to lead the family in prayer.
This is what he prayed:
"Dear Jesus, Have a Happy Birthday. I hope you are having a great time in heaven. I love you. Amen."

Then we tiptoed downstairs and the excitement continued. It didn't matter if they were announcing that they got socks in their stocking or opening their favorite gift the enthusiasm was through the roof.

Peyton consistently asked for a Batman bat cave (except the night he asked for a baby sister his own age - yikes!)
When he opened it he shouted "It's what I wished for!!! I got what I wished for!!!
In the past Tate has not taken many photos because we like to just be in the moment and enjoy it. This year he took some video and I'm so glad he did because he captured the joy so well.

I'm including some of the highlight photos related to Santa:




 The boys had to write "Dear Santa" and sign their names. The rest they dictated to me and I wrote down exactly as asked.
My favorites from Jackson "A baseball set I flick and it does it by itself," and "Jumper that goes up in the sky and push a button and it comes back down to you." 






Peyton's greeting and closing were so fun: "How is Rudolph doing when you fly?" and "Thank you, I miss you. I'll see you when you are coming."
This is the letter left to Santa with the milk and cookies and carrots. They each told me what to write. My favorites :"It's the best time of the year." and "I'm counting on you Santa." I think they were listening to too many Christmas songs and watching too many Christmas specials!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home