Wednesday, December 5, 2012

So thankful

I saw this idea in a Pottery Barn catalog, but didn't want to pay the crazy price. Then I saw something similar on Pinterest and our Tree of Thanks was created.
Tate helped me draw the branches and Brett and I painted the whole tree. I created some leaf templates and the boys traced and cut them out. They practiced their letters writing what they were thankful for each night. We do thankfuls each night at prayer time, but this made it a little bit more special and they had to say why they were thankful for what they chose. It was so sweet and fun and even though we've put up our Christmas tree we haven't been able to bring ourselves to take down the Tree of Thanks.

The first night.

Here are some of the leaves:

Grandma & Granddad


Caroline & Sophie (their cousins)

Daddy


Other thankfuls included Brett being thankful for his bed on a night he was super tired, Grammy and Poppy, Brett's teacher, me, family fun days, their aunties, some school and family friends, and even a few toys just to name a few. So blessed to have so much to be thankful for every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home