Sunday, October 21, 2012

Summing up Summer

I was terrible about blogging this summer but we really were busy and outside a ton so I'm playing catch up. We did a lot this summer. In the spring during a couples Bible study we had talked about time and one of the questions asked "How often do you say hurry up?" or something similar. I spent the next few days really paying attention and realized I was constantly trying to get the boys to hurry. I realize part of that is life with preschoolers, but I found myself saying it even when we weren't really in a hurry and I was just impatient. So my personal goal for the summer was to stop saying "come on guys," "lets go!" and try to enjoy a slower pace. I think I succeeded and it helped our summer have a little more of a laid back feel.
I already blogged about the beginning of summer and Fourth of July. But here are some of the other highlights:


Brett and Jackson at the zoo playing at being zoo keepers. We made quite a few trips to the zoo including two play dates with other families. Love our zoo!


The boys all loved the Olympics. Tate would record and they would wake up and ask to watch the Olympics. Favorite events included swimming, diving, track, soccer, gymnastics and beach volleyball. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of Brett in his Olympics shirt. After the Olympics Jackson and Peyton asked to take gymnastics. They go once a week and are still loving every minute of it!
Here's Jackson during his first time on the bars.
Peyton

Jackson
The boys love to go to the dentist. They actually ask when they get to go again. This time they had their first X-rays and all had great reports. No picture of Brett. He does not love the sounds of the dentist office.

T-ball was a highlight of the summer. They played on a "real" field this time and thought that was the best. Peyton went through a phase where he didn't want to go and sat on the sidelines and watched, but their coaches were good and got him back in action pretty quickly. (above) Jackson in orange next to Peyton in white. (below) Helping Brett get a hit.


This blog is about the boys, but I wanted to include my birthday party. I turned 40 and my family threw me a party I've been talking about for years - a food on a stick party. My sisters really outdid themselves and I wanted to share some of the photos. All the food was on a stick and it was so much fun - there were veggies on a stick, caprese salad on a stick, fruit salad on a stick - you get  the idea. Lots of friends and family came to hang out and the kids got to swim and play. It was a highlight of the summer.


Watermelon porcupine
Margarita on a stick - one of my favorites!Aunt Gina made a giant cake pop and lots of individual cake pops - yummy!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home