Sunday, July 1, 2012

True Peace

A few weeks ago while getting lunch ready for the boys Jackson said: "Mommy, do you know true peace?"
I stopped in my tracks and looked at his earnest face. I thought for a minute and told him "I've known it in moments throughout my life, but don't experience it on a regular basis."
He nodded and said "OK well, I'll show you True Peace."
This is what he showed me:



It's a cheer they learned at Vacation Bible School. The theme was SonRise National Park and they were exploring True Hope, True Peace and True Love.
This was the first year we sent the boys to Vacation Bible School. They had a blast! They go to Sunday School, but this was super high energy and I was so impressed with how much they retained.
At the end of VBS they sent each family home with a CD of the songs they had learned and we have listened to it NON STOP for more than a week now.
This was the first morning after getting the CD - the boys asked if I would wake them up with the VBS CD so that would be the first thing they heard. They showed me some of their moves.

One of the biggest blessings for our family was Brett's buddy. We asked a church family if any of their children would be interested in being Brett's buddy during VBS and one of their sons jumped at the chance. He is a middle school student and so amazing with Brett and so loving and each time I picked up the boys another mom asked me "Who is that boy?"They were so impressed by him. His name is Frankie and you just mention his name to Brett and he lights up. We all adore Frankie. It was so awesome to have him there enjoying the experience with Brett and such a blessing to have such an amazing role model for our boys.
Here are a few pictures a friend shared of Frankie and Brett enjoying VBS together.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home