Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Fabulous 4!

























Every year leading up to the boys' birthday I get a little sad they are growing up so fast. This year I must have been busier than usual because I didn't reflect on it too much. About a week before their birthday party I was in the grocery store and grabbed a candle shaped like a 4 for their cake. As I put it in the cart I was fighting back tears. Wham! Out of nowhere! I'm standing in the aisle by myself, tears running down my face. I think it's partly because I've loved each age.
I feel like they were just born so it was shocking to wake up this morning to four year olds!
Since their birthday fell on a "school day." We celebrated their birthday on Saturday.
Here are some of the highlights of the super hero party:

Auntie Kerry & Auntie Nancy came early and were part of the decorating squad. They had made all kinds of artwork to hang - even Grammy colored some pictures. The boys really enjoyed helping decide where to put the decorations. Auntie Kerry made the wall-size comic book and even incorporated the boys into the story. I've read it to them about a million times since Saturday!
Aunt Gina and Uncle Dan made the amazing cake. You can see from the boys' reaction when they brought it over that it was a big hit (and delicious)!





Everyone was so generous. The boys enjoyed opening their gifts, but by the time we ate, sang Happy Birthday and enjoyed cake Brett was exhausted. He tried to stay awake, but fell asleep in his chair right in the middle of opening gifts.
We all had a great time and it was a reminder of how blessed we are to have such adorable boys to share with amazing family and friends!





1 Comments:

At May 19, 2012 at 8:58 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

Such a cute birthday theme and decorations. Love the the capes!!! Glad everyone had such a special day. Looking forward to celebrating with your trio very soon!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home