Friday, July 30, 2010

Celebrating a century


Me and my amazing Grammy!

Last weekend we had the privilege of celebrating my Grammy's 100th birthday! Longevity runs in her family as her dad (my great-grandpa) lived to 105. My Grammy is an amazing women in many ways but as an adult I think I am most grateful for all the time she spent caring for me and my sisters when my mom was recovering from cancer surgery. She kept up with 4 teen/preteens in her 70s and made it seem effortless.
A party was held in her honor at the retirement community where she lives and the turnout of family and friends was amazing. God blessed us with a sunny day with a cool breeze so Grammy was able to spend the entire party outdoors in the gazebo. Since I was chasing the boys I didn't get a lot of time to visit with others, but loved seeing my mom's cousin's children's children (I think I got that right). Anyway many of them I haven't seen since we were young and, like me, are all grown up with families of their own.
The boys had a blast running around and playing with their cousins and my cousins' children. They loved giving kisses to Great Grammy. When you asked how old she was going to be on her birthday Jackson would say 1-hundred!!!
Special thanks to my Uncle Tom and his family and my mom and sisters (and everyone else who pitched in behind the scenes) for all the time and love you put into making the party so enjoyable for everyone!
Here are just a few of the pictures:

Grammy and her grandchildren

Great Grammy with her great grandchildren (except the newest addition who was born the day before!!!)

Cousin Becky keeps Jackson & Peyton smiling with her artistic skills


Jackson & Brett give Great Grammy birthday kisses

Peyton giving birthday kisses

Jackson & Peyton climb their first tree with the help of cousin Matt and his boys Peter and Mitchell

Jackson loving his tree time!

2 Comments:

At August 4, 2010 at 6:03 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

What a great celebration, and a truly impressive granny!!! You are blessed! Love teh pictures of each of your boys giving her kisses. In my opinion, nothing in the world beats toddler kisses!

 
At September 21, 2010 at 5:09 PM , Blogger Araceli Sandoval (Brianna and Hailey's mommy) said...

What a sweet Great Grammy you have. How blessed her family is and how blessed she is.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home