Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Our crew

I've been saying for weeks that the boys need a haircut - short, for summer. So Sunday when they woke from their naps looking like little mops I said "Who wants to get their head buzzed like Daddy?" and Peyton said "Pey-ton does!"
As he was sitting on my lap waiting for his stylist (aka Daddy) to get started Tate said "I'm going really short - you're ok with this right?" I'm pretty sure I said right, but about three minutes in changed my mind. But, as you know, there is no going back once you buzz half their head. So, here are the pictures of the boys with their first crew cuts. I have to admit they are growing on me but it makes them seem so much older.


Peyton was the first up and was great! He was looking for the Blackhawks in one of Tate's magazines so he was distracted and he gave a huge smile when he looked in the mirror.


Jackson (left) was not so thrilled with the idea and even before his turn and without being asked once said "I'm good" (his way of saying I don't need a turn) and "I'm not ready." He fussed and cried, but he does that for all his haircuts. Tate did a great job considering how fast he had to do it.


Brett didn't seem to mind it and barely let out a whimper when his ear got slightly nicked. My favorite part was when I brought Brett into the playroom and asked Jackson & Peyton what they thought of Brett's haircut. There was at least 5 seconds of complete silence as they stared at him and took it in. Then, Jackson tilted his head to one side and said "Handsome!"

4 Comments:

At June 29, 2010 at 1:29 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

Very cute!!! Daddy did a great job!! They do look so grown up!!!

 
At June 29, 2010 at 3:58 PM , Blogger Auntie Rhonda said...

When you first sent the pictures, I wass like "oh no!" Then when I saw them in person I couldn't believe how incredibly cute they were. And grown up. I love it and Brett seems to enjoy getting his head rubbed.

 
At June 29, 2010 at 4:15 PM , Blogger Sandie-Matthew's Mom said...

Awww, they're all three adorable as can be. Their buzz cuts look super cute!! I actually went back to some of your previous posts of the boys to take a look at their pre-buzz pics and they sure do look like bigger boys now.

Which reminds me I have one big boy of my own with blonde thick curls all over his head who is due for a haircut...hmmmm...or maybe a buzz cut?

 
At June 30, 2010 at 11:27 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

LOL, giving haircuts is on Craig's to-do list tongiht :-). Tate did a great job. I agree with Jackson, all your boys look so handsome! Brett's hair looks so much lighter when it is short, and his picture is extra precious with that smile of his!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home