Sunday, March 7, 2010

Three budding bakers

As winter drags on I try to find new indoor activities for the boys to keep us all from going too stir crazy. I'm also trying to continue to vary their foods since they have food sensitivities to wheat, soy and dairy. I got into a breakfast food rut with them feeding them French toast sticks every morning and vowed I would change it up. So I found a special muffin mix that is allergen free and decided to make an afternoon of it. We read the book If You Give a Moose a Muffin and then headed into the kitchen to mix up some muffins of our own. Baking is one of my favorite things to do, but also one of the things I never seem to make time for anymore. I'm so glad the boys enjoyed it too. It was so much fun and they were quite delicious! Here are some pictures of me and my assistant pastry chefs at work.

Brett adding in his share of diced apples for the apple muffins.

Brett didn't want to let go of the bowl!

Peyton adding his apples while Jackson waits to stir them up.

Before I realized it Jackson dipped in and tasted the batter (who does he take after?)

After adding sugar sprinkles on top the boys couldn't wait for them to be done!

1 Comments:

At March 9, 2010 at 10:47 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm right htere with Jackson... any kind of dough is always better than the final product in my opinion :-). How Fun!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home