Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas 2011


The Christmas season with three year olds (or as they will correct me 3 and a HALF year olds) is pure joy.
I can't tell you how many mornings the boys woke up and asked "Is it Christmas? Did Santa come?" The waiting was tough and in Peyton's words "I'm just waiting and waiting". My favorite was asking the boys what Advent means and they would say - Coming!!

Peyton was the champ at finding our Elf Ernie every morning - he has an eagle eye.

This year the boys asked for race cars whenever anyone asked what they were asking Santa for. They also mentioned a bed for their friends (stuffed animals). Santa brought these items and Jackson & Peyton also received scooters and Brett got the coolest Elmo that plays drums and guitar and sings.

We didn't take a ton of pictures this year. I asked Tate, who is usually the photographer, why he wasn't taking pictures and he said he spends time behind the camera and misses the moments so this year instead of making pictures, we made memories. I realize that doesn't make for a great blog post so I'll share what I have.


I had the pleasure of kicking off my Christmas season by taking my niece Caroline to her first Nutcracker performance. It was fun sharing one of my favorite things with her, especially since we get so little time one on one.

Caroline and I attended the Sugar Plum Fairy party after the performance. She had her picture taken with my friend Hannah who was one of the amazing ballerinas.



This year the boys got their own trees in their rooms. They loved decorating and it was so funny how they crowded several ornaments on one branch. Brett LOVED his tree so much. He would practically jump out of my arms anytime we were in his room.



I wish I could get video to work on my blog. This year the boys learned the words to a handful of Christmas songs with their favorites being Rudolph and Frosty. My favorite was O Come All Ye Faithful, which Auntie Kerry helped them learn. This is Jackson singing Jingle Bells using his Pez dispenser as a microphone.

Brett made this gingerbread house at school. The boys bugged me for days to eat it so I finally let them. The boys destroyed it one piece of candy at a time. Brett had a ball and while he loved making it, I think devouring it was even more fun - the giggling was so awesome.

Since the boys were tiny we have attended the Shriner's Christmas party at the invitation of Lisle, a friend of Tate's from work. They get to visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus and there are presents and activities for the family. This year was even more special as Brett has benefited from the amazing care at Shriner's Hospital for orthopedic and physical therapy services - at no cost to our family.

Brett helps make a cake for Jesus' birthday. I should have gotten a picture of the finished product - lets just say there were plenty of sprinkles on every piece!

One of my favorite Christmas moments was Granddad getting on the floor to join Brett in enjoying the train that goes around Grandma & Granddad's tree. All the boys love that train!

A Christmas miracle - the C family got a Christmas picture with everyone looking!

1 Comments:

At January 7, 2012 at 7:28 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

What a great Christmas your family had. I couldn't agree with you more about the whole Christmas season being so magical at the age of 3. And how impressive to have the whole family looking at the camera at the same time. That's a framable picture for sure :-). My boys miss yours and hope to have that playdate soon! Available anytime this week?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home