Thursday, December 16, 2010

The quarterback sneak


Much to our delight our boys love football!
When they realize it is Sunday they always want football on and after they wake from their naps they get to hang out in the TV room and watch football with Daddy.
We don't watch much TV but they love to watch and ask questions - what's he doing? why is his helmet off? what's that guy? he got tackled daddy?
Peyton especially seems to like football.
One night as they were getting ready to go to bed Jackson said he had to go potty one more time. Peyton said he was going to stay in the room and cuddle on a pillow until we came back to tuck in.
When I returned to the room - no Peyton.
Where did I find him? On the couch downstairs.
He said "I have to see this football mommy." - Really?
The boys have never gone downstairs after we've gone up for bedtime so I was shocked.
Similar situations have occurred almost every Sunday night since.
Last week Peyton was heading down the stairs when he got busted and he said "I forgot to say goodnight to the football guys."
Tate and I have been calling it the quarterback sneak.
Here are some pictures of Jackson & Peyton enjoying football. I am having trouble getting video on my blog, but someday I'll share some video of the boys playing tackle. It involves them asking you to play catch with a football, them throwing the football AT you and then rushing at you full blast to knock you down.
I am slowly learning, this is how boys play.

Peyton (left) and Jackson watching the Bears game with Poppy. Lately when Peyton watches and someone gets the ball and runs (no matter what team they are on) Peyton yells Go, Go, Go! I'm pretty sure they picked that up from Poppy.

Peyton giving a high five to a football figure Tate gave them to play with. This is a Miami Dolphins house so lots of orange and teal here!

Jackson was worried Ricky Williams was getting hungry so he is sharing his snack. Today he told me Ricky Williams had a fever and needed to go to the doctor. I guess football guys aren't so touch after all!

1 Comments:

At December 18, 2010 at 10:13 PM , Blogger auntienancy said...

Love it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home